Foundation / Corporation
Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) - Kids Run the Nation Grant Fund
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, running clubs, and elementary and middle schools to implement structured youth running programs. The funded program may be either a start-up program or a pre-existing program. Eligible programs are those that are more than just a one-time event. They should be structured running programs that ideally utilize the RRCA’s Kids Run the Nation youth running curriculum.
The goal of the program should be to have kids running regularly, more than once each week for multiple weeks, as opposed to participating in a single event. However, the program may culminate in a goal fun run or other organized running event.
Programs must be gender-inclusive, encouraging and welcoming participation by both boys and girls. The program may not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or economic status. The program may outline age groups and may indicate a minimum and maximum age for participation.
Programs should focus on participation, but may include competitive running activities or events.
The running program must maintain policies and procedures that ensure the safety of the participants and outline expectations of program leaders. Your program should require criminal background checks on all adult program staff and volunteers.
Kids Run the Nation grants may fund:
- Marketing materials, brochures, posters, fliers, and other printed or digital materials informing parents about the program
- Advertising the program in a community newspaper or website
- Hosting a program website
- Permit or usage fees to use a local park or running track
- Hydration supplies, including water bottles, cups, or coolers
- Snacks and meals for program participants
- Incentives and awards such as Toe Tokens®, ribbons, shirts, water bottles, backpack tags, patches, etc.
- Mileage logs, worksheets, and other written materials for program participants
- Other items that the RRCA Grant Selection Committee sees fit to fund
GrantWatch ID#: 171654
Ranging from $500 to $1,000.
Grant funds should be expended within 12 months.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
RRCA National Office
1501 Lee Hwy, Ste 140
Arlington, VA 22209
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming