Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Of Middlesex County (CFMC)
09/12/19 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants starting at $500 to Middlesex County, Connecticut nonprofit organizations and government agencies for services and programs that address a range of community needs. Applicants must attend an information session prior to applying. Funding is intended for programs that add value to, and have a positive impact on, the health and vitality of the Middlesex County community.
The Community Foundation seeks applications for projects that possess some of the following elements:
- Address a documented need or concern of the focus area;
- Recognize and build on a community’s or organization’s strengths and assets;
- Build the capacity of community organizations and/or programs that help individuals to help themselves;
- Foster cooperative approaches to community issues through collaborations based on shared visions and mutual responsibility;
- Serve as a catalyst for attracting other funding resources, such as matching gifts; and
- Build infrastructure within the organization in order to meet its mission.
Grants are available across the various areas of need, including:
- Community Enrichment (Arts / Culture / History)
- Community Health (Health / Medical / Hospital Care)
- Economic Security / Economic Opportunity
- Economic Development
- Education (Community Wide / Schools)
- Environment/Animal Welfare and Protection
- Public / Social Benefit (Civic Improvement/Social Service)
Fields of Interest:
- Animal / Human Resources and Welfare: Grants to this focus area provide for the needs (food, health and shelter), services (training, rescue and adoption) and educational programs provided by organizations dedicated to helping animals and their human friends.
- At-Risk Boys and Young Men: Established in 2013, the At-Risk Boys Fund’s mission is to provide grants for programs that help young men and boys reach their full potential. The Foundation’s At-Risk Boys Fund Grants Committee is interested in programs which focus on prevention, education, self-respect and self-confidence, skill development, and enhance positive work and life experiences.
- Women and Girls: The Foundation’s Sari A. Rosenbaum Fund for Women and Girls Grants Committee is seeking proposals that empower women and girls to be self reliant and to reach their potential. Programs should be models in providing meaningful opportunities and services to women and girls.
GrantWatch ID#: 174579
Grants will be a minimum of $500
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To register for information sessions, email: Info@MiddlesexCountyCF.org
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County
49 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
For questions, contact:
Thayer Talbott, Director of Programs and Operations
Phone: 860.347.0025 ext. 203
USA: Connecticut: Middelsex County