Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Guilford, Connecticut nonprofits and agencies for programs that will enhance the quality of life in the local community. Funding will be awarded to programs in the focus areas of arts, education, environment, human services, housing, heritage enhancement, and youth and family. Grant applications should address a need within the focus area and demonstrate impact on the organization, project, community, or persons served. Priority will be given to programs that address the issue of housing diversity.
Applications should include some of the following elements:
- Address a documented need or concern of the focus area;
- Recognize and build on a community’s or organization’s strengths and assets;
- Build the capacity of community organizations and/or individuals to help themselves;
- Foster cooperative approaches to community issues through collaborations based on shared visions and mutual responsibility;
- Serve as a catalyst for attracting other resources, such as matching gifts; and
- Build infrastructure within the organization in order to meet its mission.
GrantWatch ID#: 178206
Grant awards typically range from $500 to $5,000. Larger requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Grants are awarded to 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations and 170(c)(1) governmental agencies serving the Guilford community.
Grant awards cannot be used retroactively to pay costs for programs or services that have occurred in the past.
Normally, the Foundation will not award grants to:
- Debt reduction
- Political organizations and campaigns
The Guilford Foundation offers a quarterly, competitive grant cycle.
Grant applications are available and are due on the following deadlines:
Applicants will be informed regarding the status of their applications within 30 days of the application deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Liza Janssen Petra, Executive Director
Phone: (203) 824-1827
The Guilford Foundation
PO Box 35
Guilford, CT 06437