Grants to Connecticut nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that promote the health and well-being of residents in eligible locations. Applicants must contact program staff and submit an LOI before applying. Funding is intended for new capital projects, programs, or initiatives that improve health outcomes for Southington residents.
Funding requests must align with at least one of the following identified community health and healthcare priority areas:
Health/Health Care Needs for an Aging Population
Substance Use and Mental Health
Healthy Initiatives and Lifestyle including, but not limited to:
Availability and Access to Healthy Food
Environmental Protection and Sustainability of Natural Resources
- Organizations must be tax-exempt organizations qualifying under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended.
- Organizations must be either located in the Town of Southington or serving the residents of the Town of Southington. All organizations must demonstrate the number of residents served from the Town of Southington.
- Organizations may not receive more than one grant in a calendar year unless the other grant is a community collaboration.
- Organizations may not receive funding for more than three years in a row.
Letters of Inquiry for new projects/programs are being accepted with a deadline of February 16, 2024.
You will be notified by February 26, 2024, if you have been invited to submit a full application. Full applications (including those for continued funding) will be available on February 26, 2024, and are due on March 15, 2024.
Important: Review the grant guidelines and then contact Kate Kerchaert, Director of Grants & Programs, to discuss your proposal at least 7 business days before the deadline.
Letters of Inquiry are typically accepted in January and August for new capital projects, programs, or initiatives that improve the health and well-being of Southington residents. Continued Funding requests are accepted twice a year, after the LOI cycles conclude (typically March and September), for programs, projects, and initiatives currently being supported by the Trust.
Estimated Size of Grant
- Grants generally range from $25,000 to $100,000.
- The suggested minimum grant request is $50,000 for a capital project.
- The suggested minimum grant request is $25,000 for initiatives or programs.